Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Have A New Boyfriend

I never go for those wild guys, but this time, I kind of get a thrill from his spontaneity.

He's kind of rough around the edges.  He's rude and doesn't always have manners.

I'm never sure where we're going but it doesn't seem to bother me.

He's very different from the kind I usually go for.  He's not Mr. Handsome.

He seems to get along with everyone but he's always worried that he's going to be left alone and he freaks out a little.

When we ride, he's very unpredictable and he doesn't take turns as smoothly as he should.  He rarely lets me know what's going on so I'm always on high alert.  Sometimes he pushes me around, but I usually have the upper hand.

His name is Danny.


I thought he was the ugliest horse I'd ever seen but he grows on you.  I'm not totally in love with him yet but he seems to take up a lot of my time  and k-ster calls him my boyfriend.  He seems to like me better than Tucker but Tucker is much better trained.  He's a little smaller than Tucker, a different breed and a more comfortable trot.

He's been fresh with a few people who know what they are doing so I'm keeping him at arm's length since I don't really know what I'm doing.  He's much more cooperative with me after he's been working for a little while.

My favorite part is that he goes without much coaxing.  I spend my time worrying that he won't stop  instead of worrying that he will, like Tucker does every chance he gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!