Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Chair

When I first moved into this house, I didn't have a lot of furniture.  K-ster brought a few pieces with him and my favorite became a rocking  chair.

Over time, we got decent furniture and there was no more room for the chair.

My sister a-ster took it to Seattle with her about a decade ago and then she brought it to her new house on the east coast when she moved a couple of years ago.  She was in love with it.

Like I was.

We love this chair because we are short and so is it.  It rocks but it's not crazy and doesn't move all over the places like some rocking chairs.

Apparently l-ster loved it too because she was nursed in it many times in her first year.

Sadly, the chair was replaced with a "real" rocking chair for Mother's day this year.  Probably because s-ster didn't think it was safe after he had to glue it together in more places than I can explain.  Because the chair is probably as old as I am.

So, what do you think happened to the chair when a-ster got her 'real' one?


Of course!  She sent it home with our parents and it's been sitting in my living room for a month.  I told her she could keep the cushions and I'd make new ones. 


I'm so glad the chair finally found its purpose. 

And I can't believe k-ster hasn't dragged it upstairs to put it out of its (his) misery.  Because it's really in the way.  And completely ridiculous with no cushions.

And now that it's holding laundry, it might never be used for its proper function.  Ever.  Again.

K-ster hates it when I post pictures of messy rooms.  At least it's all tidy in one chair, right?

2 comments:

  1. This is so not a messy room! All the laundry is contained to one spot, so you are good to go. In fact, I am jealous you have your own laundry chair--definitely the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is messy-- YOu should see my house!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!