Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Showing Naked Videos

Ha ha, just kidding.  But this is what the school district must think we will do because they have to block YOUTUBE at school.  Do you know how many great things there are that we could show on youtube?

There's a way to get around it and the technology people will give us the special code to do it, but it's a pain in the ass.

And I might be tempted to commit evil with it, what with it being a secret code and all.

So, my post was going to be about teachertube.com and what a lameass site that is.  It's like what you picture when you think of teachers posting 'appropriate" materials online.

Think homemade. 

Think super cheesy. 

Think made in the classroom. 

Boring.

But then I found this.  And I was impressed.  And I have to confess that I might have learned some things.  And I still don't know about some of these things they name.  I guess I am not a true American.   Or yeah, maybe because I wasn't alive in 1950, I might be exempt.

I went to a Billy Joel concert in Nashville in 1995 and he had a binder open when he sang it and he said he always has to have the lyrics there to this one song because they are so dense and he is afraid he might miss one.

I feel his pain.  I once forgot the words to the National Anthem. 

In a crowded gym. 

When I was singing alone.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to your link, I just watched this video twice. It fascinated me. I feel like I have so much to learn! You could do a really interesting project with high school kids using this as a jumping off point...

    I think that you're pretty gutsy to be a high school teacher with a blog. Do you ever worry that your students, principal or parents will find it?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!