Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Day Yellow Pissed Them Off

One of my favorite modern baby toys is the Baby Einstein Octoplush.  It says the colors in 3 languages and I love the color of the octopus.  I bought it for my niece and just sent it to her.

But, I'm a little worried about the yellow.

Listen to it in Spanish.  All of the colors are so happy.
Even yellow (amarillo)

Then there's the French.Pretty happy too!


Even yellow (jaune).

I guess it was some time after the French colors were recorded that things went bad for yellow.


Have you ever heard anyone say a color with such disdain?

All of the other colors were so exciting and happy!

And then we get to YELLOW. UGH. It's like yellow sat on her prize winning tulips. Or ran through her house and flashed everyone. What a sad day for yellow.

It's not my favorite color either but I would have reserved that kind of disgust for something like brown or orange..

1 comment:

  1. You have me laughing so hard. It's like they tried to suck all the cheerful out of yellow and put it back into the other colors. Brown happens to be one of my favorite colors, so I was shocked to hear it said with such chipper voice.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!