Monday, May 30, 2011

A Rig of Bamboo, Now What Is That?


Nothing But Country



It's something made, by the Princess Pat.
But I don't know any Princesses named Pat, and I was never a Girl Scout or whatever scouts sang that song.  That didn't stop the song from running through my head the whole time.

But I did make this rig of bamboo.  K-ster thinks it's a POW cell.  My father hasn't said anything but I am certain he will say the same thing.

So, what is this?  

It's my squirrel jail.  

Oh, I only wish.  

It's my new tomato cage.  My sister has bamboo up the wazoo- oh, what a great name for a children's book!- so she let me have some last year.  I made tee pee type things with them and saved the bamboo because it didn't rot.



This year, she gave me a buttload more, and this is what I've come up with.  I really like it.  Once I wove it all together, it became pretty sturdy.  At first, it was like a comedy routine because I kept knocking over poles and undoing what I had just done.  But, the more I wove, the stronger it became.  I didn't tie any of it and hope I don't have to.  I want to leave it au naturel.  I did stick some pieces into the chicken wire to give it some stability at first.

I decided to do it my garden #2, but I ran out of bamboo, so now it looks completely ridiculous in there.

That's my Made By You Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!