Friday, September 3, 2010

Feel Good Friday

I can't believe it's Friday again.  I'm not one of those thank GOD it's Friday people.  I like Fridays but then that means the week is over and that's just one more week finished in my life.  I try not to hurry my life over.  Feel Good Friday is brought to you by The Girl Next Door Grows Up so go on over there and link up and share your own Friday goodies.

1. 
Doesn't this make you feel good?  Early in the week, we went out to the beach.  We live 1/4 mile from the beach but k-ster doesn't like the kind of beach we live near.  It's south facing and isn't anything like the beach he likes to visit on the east side of things.  That is open Atlantic. It's very cold.  It's far from home.  He says it's not, but I say it's likie driving to Montana.  First, you have to drive all the way there.  Then, you have to drive out on the beach.  And k-ster likes to drive out as far as possible on the beach.  Beach driving is not fast, so it takes forever.  This time, we just went out to have supper.  I agreed to this because I have not been all summer and I knew I wouldn't be stuck there forever because it would get dark and we'd come home.  Here are some pictures of k-ster surf casting before the sun went down.  No fish, but we saw lots of seals, surfers and we both swear we saw a shark through the binoculars.  Sharks are big news around here this summer because there have been great whites spotted, so everyone wants to see one.  As you can see, we were not the only crazy people out on the beach for the evening.


2.  I had 2 riding lessons this week and both were great and I felt like I was back to normal.  I've had a frustrating few weeks where I regressed and was doing things I haven't done in months.  I blamed the heat, the new saddle, anything I could.  Today was particularly hot and humid(we are awaiting hurricane Earl, supposedly) and really just stifling but he did what I asked and it felt right.  I wonder what threw me off for the past few weeks.  I seem to do this.  Part of learning, I guess.  But it's so frustrating to feel like I'm taking a step back every once in a while. 

3.  This is related to part 2.  I bought a new pair of breeches that are so thin and cool.  I had no idea they made them this thin.  To think I could have been riding with a little less sweatiness for all this time.  And they are black so they look pretty sleek and don't look filthy.  And I also bought some half chaps- dont' get excited, they are not buttless chaps that I wear naked.  They are pleather that you put over your boot up to the knee.  It looks like you are wearing a tall boot.  I always thought they were just for show and I don't care what I look like, so I never splurged.  But, I didn't know that they are like GLUE to keep your leg in a good position.  I kick myself, with my new breeches and chaps, for not getting them sooner.  They give a nice sense of security.  And since they are not real leather or suede, they are lightweight and can be tossed in the washer.  I'm happy that they are helping.

4.  I'm happy that my classroom is in order and ready for hot and sweaty students next week.  If someone would return my fan, I would be even happier.  And if I knew who I was teaching and when, I'd be ecstatic. 
5.  And, it made me pretty happy when a woman from the business group I belong to decided to host a lia sophia show.  This was a nice surprise.  But what was even nicer was the number of orders she got and the bookings!  That means more cash in my pocket for more riding lessons! 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that people fished so close to the shoreline at the ocean. And you carry a pole along just in case? Amazing! Can't believe he was going in the water at the same time you were shark watching!

    I miss riding. I haven't ridden in 3 yrs. Maybe you should ask your riding instructor what other items they think you "might" need to make your life riding more enjoyable!

    So glad your classroom is ready for the kiddos!

    Congrats on the party sales!
    ~Mimi from Woven by Words

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost as much as I love summer. I reply to all comments except those ridiculous anonymous comments offering me dirty deeds and real estate. When you leave your comment, please make sure your own settings will allow me to reply to you. Nothing makes me sadder than replying to your comments and then realizing it’s going to the no-reply@blogger address!